Cooking raw meat in a rice cooker is not something that everyone can do. You need to practice before you start cooking for your friends and family. In this blog, we will try our best to make the process easier for you.
You also need to know other things about cooking raw meat with rice in a rice cooker like the level of heat you need, time, and so on. You will also find the recipe for cooking rice with raw meat in a rice cooker at the bottom of this article. Read it carefully before starting to practice it.
Let’s get started-
Is cooking raw meat in a rice cooker safe?
From regular rice to cooking wild rice, a lot of things are safe to cook in a rice cooker. According to the FD, it is safe to cook raw meat with rice in a rice cooker, but there are some important things that you need to know. But make sure that you are cooking in a compatible rice cooker like the ones you see in our Tiger rice cooker review.
First of all, cooking raw meat with rice in your rice cooker needs time and high temperature. The minimum cooking time for neutralizing bacteria is 5 minutes at 240 degrees Fahrenheit.
The other thing is that you need to consider raw meat as one of the ingredients in your meal, not as a separate dish. So, if you want to cook rice with raw meat, you should always put them together before starting cooking.
From this point, we can conclude that-
It is safe to cook rice with raw meat in a rice cooker, but you need to know that it needs time and a high temperature.
How long should I cook raw meat with rice in a rice cooker?
It depends on the type of rice cooker you have.
If you have a standard electric rice cooker, cooking raw meat with rice takes about an hour or so.
If you have a brown rice cooker, the cooking time takes longer because you need to add extra water during the process of cooking.
You can refer to the user manual of your rice cooker for specific times.
Tips for cooking meat in a rice cooker properly
You keep the following things in mind when cooking meat in a rice cooker-
- Always use enough oil when cooking meat in a rice cooker.
- Clean the pan before cooking meat in a rice cooker.
- Make sure that the water is covering the meat completely.
- Use medium heat when cooking meat in a rice cooker for long time periods like an hour or more . High heat can burn cooked meat, and it will taste bad . Low heat won’t give you the results you want to have.
Experienced cooks will know their way around these tips and might have better results. If you are not one of them, you should stick to these tips.
Recipe for cooking raw meat with rice in a rice cooker
- Raw meat
- Some seasonings (chili paste, soy sauce, garlic powder, onion powder)
- A medium-sized bowl of rice to use as a mold. One cup is the standard serving for one person.
1. Put all raw meat in a pot and cover it with water, then bring to a boil. When the water starts boiling again turn off the heat and let it cool. This ensures that any bacteria from the raw meat does not spread during cooking. The meat should be at room temperature before continuing.
2. Pour dry rice into a bowl specially made for rice cookers and press it down to make a flat surface. Fill the rice cooker with one cup of water then place the bowl on top of it.
3. Add salt, pepper, and other seasonings into the meat to your liking (your taste buds might develop differently than others).
4. The rice should be very sticky by now because it’s been cooking in water. Get a spoon and carefully pack it down to make room for the meat.
5. Add the raw meat onto the rice and add more salt or seasonings if you like, then add another cup of water into the rice cooker and start cooking your “rice with loose meat” again.
6. After two hours turn off the heat and let the meal cool off for a while.
7. Use a spoon to separate the rice from the bowl and press down on it to flatten it again, then flip the bowl over so that meat is facing upwards. Cut into slices or cubes and serve with soy sauce or any other sauces you prefer.
This recipe is very easy to follow and also leaves you with a very healthy meal. Rice has complex carbs, meat has protein. It’s the best of both worlds!
We hope we provided you with some great tips on how to cook raw meat in a rice cooker.
If you want to cook rice with raw meat, please follow the instructions carefully.
Since there are many types of rice cookers, we can’t provide precise cooking times that will work for all of them. However, these tips will help you to figure out the right timing.
Thank you for reading our article! We hope you found it helpful.
Have a great day!